Virginia H. Grigg is counsel in the firm's Trusts and Estates section. She meets with clients to discuss estate planning needs and prepares documents such as wills, revocable trusts, powers of attorney, advance medical directives, irrevocable insurance trusts, qualified personal residence trusts, family limited partnerships, limited liability companies and charitable remainder trusts. Mrs. Grigg also assists clients in the administration of estates including attendance at probate, preparation of inventories, accountings and tax returns. She participates in litigation involving estate and trust matters such as will contests, suits for aid and guidance, appointment of guardians and substitution of trustees. In addition, Mrs. Grigg is on the list of attorneys approved to serve guardian ad litem for incapacitated persons.
Examples of matters recently handled by Mrs. Grigg include:
• Preparation of estate plans including life insurances trusts, qualified personal residence trusts, family limited partnerships, charitable remainder trusts and charitable gift annuities.
• Estate administration including attendance at probate, preparation of inventories, accountings, estate tax returns, fiduciary income tax returns and show cause for distribution of an estate.
• Filing suit for aid and guidance, petition for termination of a trust, petition for appointment of substitute trustee and petition for appointment of guardian and conservator.
• Grantor retained annuity trusts and special needs trusts.
• Serving as guardian ad litem for individuals against whom guardianship and conservatorship petitions have been filed.
University of Richmond School of Law, J.D., 1983
James Madison University, B.A., Psychology, 1978
American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
Virginia Bar Association
• Legislative Committee, Wills, Trusts & Estates Section
The Bar Association of the City of Richmond
Trust Administrators Council of Richmond
Estate Planning Council of Richmond
• Former Vice President
• Former President
Krista Latshaw Pro Bono Award
• CancerLINC, 2020
Legal Elite (Virginia Business)
• Taxes/Estates/Trusts/Elder Law, 2011
• Presenter, Douglas W. Conner Advanced Estate Planning and Administration Seminar
• The Complete Trust Course
• The Probate Process from Start to Finish
• Estate Planning Basics
• Trust Administration in Virginia