- Michael C. Guanzon has been appointed to a three-year term to the Board of Managers (Directors) of the University of Virginia Alumni Association.
- Health care practice group leader Jonathan M. Joseph presented a program on information blocking and provider responsibilities under the 21st Century Cures Act at a May meeting of the Virginia Association of Community Services Boards Quality Leadership Council. He also moderated a panel discussion on health care under the Biden administration at the Virginia Bar Association’s 131st Annual Meeting held in January.
- Several firm attorneys have accepted leadership roles within the Richmond Bar Association: R. Braxton Hill IV is president-elect; Belinda D. Jones is a member of the Board of Directors; and Callaghan S. Guy is chair-elect of the Real Estate Section.
- The following C&B attorneys were recognized for inclusion on the 2021 Virginia Super Lawyers list: Peter E. Broadbent Jr. (intellectual property); S. Perry Coburn (business litigation); Christopher M. Gill (real estate); Michael C. Guanzon (business/corporate); Warren David Harless (business litigation); R. Braxton Hill IV (business litigation); Belinda D. Jones (civil litigation defense); Jonathan M. Joseph (health care); David B. Lacy (general litigation); Michael W. Smith (business litigation); E. Ford Stephens (insurance coverage); and Henry I. Willett III (civil litigation defense). In addition, Elizabeth S. Olcott was named to the 2021 Virginia Rising Stars list in the health care category.
- The Best Lawyers in America© 2022 recognition includes J. Edward Betts (antitrust law); Peter E. Broadbent Jr. (trademark law); Christopher M. Gill (real estate law); W. David Harless (bet-the-company litigation, commercial litigation, employment law-management, litigation-labor & employment, personal injury litigation-defendants); R. Braxton Hill IV (commercial litigation, litigation-intellectual property); Paul W. Jacobs II (commercial litigation); Jonathan M. Joseph (health care); Louis R. Monacell (communications law, energy law); Edward L. Petrini (energy law); Michael W. Smith (bet-the-company litigation, commercial litigation, litigation-banking & finance, litigation-construction, litigation-intellectual property); and E. Ford Stephens (insurance law, litigation-insurance). According to Best Lawyers, the lists are compiled based on a peer review evaluation process.
- E. Ford Stephens is a Fellow of the American College of Coverage Counsel, a preeminent association of U.S. and Canadian lawyers who represent insurers and policyholders. In addition, he was recently appointed chair of the DRI Insurance Roundtable Steering Committee, a group of select outside counsel and insurance leaders who gather annually to discuss industry issues.
These items have been provided as an informational service and do not constitute legal counsel or advice, which can only be rendered in the context of specific factual situations. If a legal issue should arise, please contact an attorney listed or retain the assistance of other competent legal counsel. Case results depend on a variety of factors unique to each case and results do not guarantee or predict a similar result in any future case undertaken.