Prior to his retirement, Michael Soffin focused his legal practice on real estate, commercial and corporate law matters. He represented airport, theatre and department store clients with real estate acquisition, development and financing, including shopping center projects. In addition, he represented institutional investors in real estate-related construction and permanent lending and asset acquisition.
Real Estate Development and Finance
Commercial and Real Estate Lending
Business Organizations and Corporations
• Represented major regional department store chain in acquisition, development and sale/leaseback financing of multiple regional mall locations in the Southeast.
• Represented regional theatre chains in their acquisition, leasing, financing and sales of theatre properties and radio stations.
• Represented major institutional lenders in both construction and permanent financing of diverse commercial projects.
University of Richmond, J.D., 1962
Norman Medal (Academic Excellence)
McNeill Law Society
University of Minnesota, B.A., Journalism, 1951
Phi Beta Kappa
Kappa Tau Alpha (Journalism Honorary)
New York University, 1947-1949
American Bar Association
• Business Law Section
Virginia State Bar
• Business Law Section, Chair, 1978-1979
• Special Committee on Publications and Public Information, Chair, 1989-1990
United States Army, 1951-1953
Jewish Community Center of Richmond
• Former General Counsel