James Moore serves as the firm’s managing partner and is a member of the Executive Committee.
In addition, as a partner in Christian & Barton’s Litigation department, Mr. Moore focuses on complex commercial civil litigation and appellate work in federal and state courts. These select representations primarily focus on contract, construction, products liability, personal injury, estate and premises liability litigation. Mr. Moore also represents professionals before state professional licensing and regulatory boards.
Representative Business Litigation
- Representation of a cable television operator in tax litigation with local governments.
- Representation of a private country club in a dispute with a group of its members regarding membership requirements established by deed covenants.
- Defense of personal injury claims against a building supply company and its employees.
- Representation of physicians, dentists and other professional licensees before state regulatory boards.
- Representation of three charities in litigation challenging will bequests.
- Defense of building contractor in copyright dispute with architect.
- Defense of structural steel subcontractor in construction contract dispute with general contractor.
- Defense of owner in construction contract dispute with general contractor.
- Defense of subcontractor/supplier in construction contract dispute with owner and general contractor.
- Representation of 11 trust beneficiaries in breach of fiduciary duty litigation against co-trustees of the trust.
- Representation of contractor hired by property owner to remove mine waste in dispute with property owner regarding liability for response costs under CERCLA.