Liz Olcott is an associate in the firm’s Health Care and Litigation practice groups. She assists clients with a variety of health care and employment matters and represents clients before state and federal courts in civil cases. Ms. Olcott also advises businesses, physician groups and other providers regarding employment contracts, general employment practices and matters before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
• U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
• Represent hospital providers in commercial contract negotiations and disputes.
• Assist clients with issues related to HIPAA, the Affordable Care Act, and general employment practices.
• Represent providers, managed care companies and insurance companies in litigation in state and federal courts.
• Represent employers before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Virginia Employment Commission.
College of William & Mary, J.D., 2014
Managing Editor, William & Mary Bill of Rights Journal
University of Florida, B.S., Psychology, 2010
Virginia State Bar
Virginia Bar Association
• Young Lawyers Division, Executive Committee, 2021-present; Pro Bono Hotlines, Chair, 2019-2021
• Health Law Section Council, Young Lawyers Division Representative, 2019-present
The Bar Association of the City of Richmond
• Continuing Legal Education Committee, 2018-2019
Virginia Rising Stars
• Health Care, 2021
Legal Elite (Virginia Business)
• Young Lawyer, 2015-2017
• Key Provisions of the CARES Act Impact Health Care Providers, 2020
• Families First Coronavirus Response Act and What Employers Need to Know, 2020