Edward L. Petrini is a partner in Christian & Barton's Energy and Telecommunications department. He has represented clients on matters involving regulated industries for more than 40 years. Mr. Petrini represents and advises clients regarding the regulation of the electric, gas, water, telecommunications, and insurance industries.
Examples of clients and matters handled by Mr. Petrini include:
Large Industrial and Commercial Users of Utility Services
- Representation of associations of large industrial customers of electric, natural gas, and water utilities in rate and other utility regulatory matters.
- Representation of individual commercial and industrial users of utility services regarding utility regulatory matters.
Energy and Telecommunications Providers and Investors
- Representation of independent power producers seeking regulatory approvals before the Virginia State Corporation Commission.
- Representation before the Virginia State Corporation Commission in matters pertaining to the acquisition and disposition of utilities and utility assets.
- Transactional advice and representation concerning the regulation, acquisition, and disposition of utilities and utility assets.
- Transactional advice concerning the sale of electricity to wholesale and retail customers.
- Representation of telecommunications companies regarding certification, rates and tariffs, reorganization and interconnection.
Builders, Developers and Property Owners
- Representation of builders, developers, and property owners on regulatory matters before the Virginia State Corporation Commission regarding electric, natural gas, telecommunications, and water utilities.
- Representation of individual builders, developers and property owners in negotiations with electric and gas utilities regarding the provision of service.
- Representation concerning the development of an electric cooperative’s guidelines for builders and developers regarding the installation of facilities and the provision of service in planned and existing developments.
Governmental Entities and Other Representation
- Advice and representation regarding the construction of electric generation, transmission and distribution facilities.
- Representation in appeals, including appeals to the Virginia Supreme Court, of electricity and telecommunications regulatory orders.
- Representation before the Virginia General Assembly on legislation affecting utility rates.
- Representation and advice concerning insurance licensing and regulation.
- Mr. Petrini has made presentations at numerous seminars and conferences, primarily on public utility regulation.