David D. Redmond is a member of Christian & Barton’s Commercial Real Estate and Business Law departments. A substantial portion of his practice consists of the representation of real estate developers in connection with the acquisition, zoning and financing of land development and the representation of business entities in connection with the acquisition, sale and leasing of their properties.
Real Estate Development and Finance
Commercial and Real Estate Lending
• Real estate counsel to a developer of a mixed-use new urbanism 300-acre project in Williamsburg, Virginia.
• Virginia counsel to a preferred developer of a major retail chain for development of stores throughout Virginia.
• Land development counsel in connection with the development of a 250-acre business park in Hanover County, Virginia.
• Special Master in Chancery in Carter v. Hanover County.
Washington & Lee University, L.L.B., 1969
Editor, Washington & Lee University Law Review
Omicron Delta Kappa
Washington & Lee University, B.A., 1966
Virginia State Bar
Virginia Bar Association
The Bar Association of the City of Richmond
• Real Estate Section, Former Chair
• Executive Committee, Former Member
Washington & Lee University Alumni Association
• Board of Directors, Former Member
Washington & Lee University Law Alumni Association
• Board of Directors, Former President and Member
St. Joseph’s Villa
• Foundation, Chair
• Board of Trustees, Former Chair
• Capital Campaign, Former Chair
St. Catherine’s School
• Annual Fund Parents’ Committee, Former Chair
St. James’ Episcopal Church and Virginia Diocesan Center at Roslyn
• Former property development counsel
• AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated
• Real Estate: Southern Virginia, 2008-2011
Virginia Super Lawyers
• Real Estate, 2006
Legal Elite (Virginia Business)
• Real Estate/Land Use, 2001-2004, 2007-2011
• Business Law, 2005-2006
• Author, Virginia Statutory Law chapter, “Landlord Tenant Law and Practice"
• Lecturer on real estate matters for a variety of continuing legal education seminars.