Callie Guy is an associate in Christian & Barton’s Commercial Real Estate, Environmental Law and Health Care practice areas. She focuses her practice on property transactions, property rights, land use and environmental matters.
Ms. Guy has worked with health care clients on transactional and regulatory matters. She has assisted clients in the sale and purchase of health care businesses. In addition, she has reviewed contracts related to health care transactions and operations. Ms. Guy has also worked on regulatory matters for health care clients, including filings with the Virginia Department of Health and the Virginia Bureau of Insurance.
Real Estate Development and Finance
Commercial and Real Estate Lending
Environmental and Natural Resources
Sustainability: Energy & Green Development
• Assist land development companies and investors with acquisition, financing, development, leasing and sale of numerous commercial properties, including environmental due diligence and negotiating allocation of liability for environmental matters.
• Drafting and negotiation of leases, easements, use and access agreements, and concessionaire agreements.
• Assist cable and telecommunication clients with easement negotiations and property rights disputes.
• Support regional industrial facility concerning sale of real estate within an industrial park, including review and negotiation of restrictive covenants, and title and survey matters.
• Assist commercial tenants in lease negotiations, including sale leasebacks.
• Assist national bank with $50 million commercial loan secured by real estate.
University of Richmond School of Law, J.D., 2018
Summa Cum Laude
Order of the Coif
McNeill Law Society
Articles Editor, University of Richmond Law Review
Northeastern University, B.A., Political Science with Urban Studies minor, 2013
Summa Cum Laude
Virginia State Bar
Virginia Bar Association
• Environment, Natural Resources and Energy Law Section
• Real Estate Section
• Young Lawyers Division, Pro Bono Committee, Chair, 2021-present
The Bar Association of the City of Richmond
• Board of Directors, 2022-present
• Real Estate Section, Chair, 2022-present
• Environmental and Energy Law Section
Virginia Access to Justice Commission
• Outreach and Education Committee, 2019-present
• Membership Committee, 2019-present
Metropolitan Richmond Habitat for Humanity
• Young Professionals Group, 2020-present
Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Virginia Chapter
• Member, YP Leadership Council, 2022-present; Vice chair, 2022 Richmond's Finest Committee
• Richmond's Finest Honoree, 2020
Maggie L. Walker Governor's School
• Alumni Campaign Class Agent, 2017-2018
• Class of 2010 Reunion Committee, 2015
Legal Elite (Virginia Business)
• Real Estate/Land Use, 2022
• Young Lawyer, 2020-2021