Mr. Lacy is a member of the Virginia State Bar, the Federal Bar Association, the Bar Association of the City of Richmond and the Virginia Bar Association.
Representative Employment Litigation
• Defense of numerous employers and individuals in claims involving restrictive covenants, including non-competition, non-solicitation and no-hire covenants.
• Defense of employment discrimination actions, including sex, race, age and disability discrimination.
• Defense of broker-dealers and financial advisors in NASD/FINRA arbitration proceedings.
• Defense of business conspiracy, trade secret and interference with contract claims.
Representative Products Liability/Tort Litigation
• Defense of forklift manufacturer against claims of breach of warranty and negligence.
• Defense of landlord in complex wrongful death and premises liability action.
• Defense of security company against claims of assault and vicarious liability.
• Defense of automobile manufacturer in Lemon Law actions.
Representative Media Law Litigation
• Defense of broadcasters against defamation claims arising out of investigative journalism television segment.
• Defense of newspaper against defamation claims arising out of article reporting individual's criminal record.
• Defense of newspaper and television reporters against criminal charges of obstruction of justice and breaching police barricade.
• Intervention to unseal closed wrongful death settlements.
Representative Intellectual Property Litigation
• Defense of developer against architect's claims of copyright infringement.
• Representation of biomedical company in patent infringement case against competitor.