James Moore is a partner in Christian & Barton’s Litigation department. Mr. Moore's practice involves commercial civil litigation in both federal and state courts, including contract, construction, products liability, personal injury, estate, intellectual property and premises liability litigation. He also represents professionals before the state professional licensing and regulatory boards. His practice includes appellate work before the federal and state appellate courts.
Mr. Moore serves as the firm's managing partner and as a member of the Executive Committee.
Representative Business Litigation
- Representation of a cable television operator in tax litigation with local governments.
- Representation of a private country club in a dispute with a group of its members regarding membership requirements established by deed covenants.
- Defense of personal injury claims against a building supply company and its employees.
- Representation of physicians, dentists and other professional licensees before state regulatory boards.
- Representation of three charities in litigation challenging will bequests.
- Defense of building contractor in copyright dispute with architect.
- Defense of structural steel subcontractor in construction contract dispute with general contractor.
- Defense of owner in construction contract dispute with general contractor.
- Defense of subcontractor/supplier in construction contract dispute with owner and general contractor.
- Representation of 11 trust beneficiaries in breach of fiduciary duty litigation against co-trustees of the trust.
- Representation of contractor hired by property owner to remove mine waste in dispute with property owner regarding liability for response costs under CERCLA.