Support Staff Recruiting
Litigation Legal Secretary
Christian & Barton, L.L.P., one of Virginia’s premier mid-size law firms, is seeking a motivated, energetic, experienced, professional litigation legal secretary to join its team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide secretarial support and assistance to assigned attorneys
- Prepare/revise/finalize correspondence, pleadings (for both federal and state court filings), client documents and other documents as requested
- Experience drafting documents and/or reviewing documents for grammatical/formatting errors
- File and search for documents with appropriate courts, including experience completing e-filings and docket searches through the federal courts’ ECF system
- Maintain attorney emails, calendar, travel arrangements, process expense reports, register for CLE credit classes, etc.
- Open new client/matter engagements, maintain electronic and paper client files
- Schedule client meetings, communicate with clients as necessary
- Ability to communicate with other departments in the firm to assess and answer first round questions in regards to assignments, invoices, time entry, etc.
- Enter attorney time in firm time entry system (Coyote)
- Ability to handle large volumes of filing/document assembly
- Flexibility to work overtime as assigned
- Switchboard back-up as needed
- High school diploma or equivalency mandatory
- A minimum of three years’ experience as a litigation legal secretary
- Current litigation experience in a law firm environment desired
- Strong working knowledge of technology including Office 2010 Suite (Word, Outlook & Excel) and court websites
- Strong typing, organizational and communication skills required
- Strong sense of confidentiality and ability to exercise sound judgment
- High attention to detail
- Courteous and positive attitude
- Candidate should be a self-starter who is assertive and proactive with excellent problem solving, organizational, prioritization, and delegation skills
- Experience with a document management system (eDocs), billing and time entry programs a plus
Competitive salary commensurate with experience as well as excellent benefits, including medical, dental, 401(k) and a seven-hour work day. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.